Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic eye with non-sky box

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

hi,
    my dads old sky box packed it in and he replaced it with a bush freesat box.
    he had 1 magic eye in the bedroom, which wont work now.
    any ideas on how the solve this problem?
    i presume problem is lack of power from rf2? any types of modulator or something that could be used?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

kindalen wrote: »
    hi,
    my dads old sky box packed it in and he replaced it with a bush freesat box.
    he had 1 magic eye in the bedroom, which wont work now.
    any ideas on how the solve this problem?
    i presume problem is lack of power from rf2? any types of modulator or something that could be used?

thanks.

Triax do a link kit which powers the eyes. Not sure if you have to have a Triax eye or not.

http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Domestic Distribution Products/Tri-Link Kit.aspx?productId={86F5253D-76C3-41B6-8BEA-008A662D5C2B}&Tab=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

thanks, but cant get that link to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

cheers, that works fine.
    went round and had a look at his setup. the bush box has no rf connection. it is llinked to the tv via scart only.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a video sender. You don't need the video part :)

There are RF IR extenders too, Pyramid?

The Sky eye only works with sky boxes. No matter if there is an RF or a PSU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

kindalen wrote: »
    cheers, that works fine.
    went round and had a look at his setup. the bush box has no rf connection. it is llinked to the tv via scart only.

You can get an 'RF modulator' which would convert the output from scart etc, to RF and use an 'sky eye' type system on it then.

No, still won't work. Only the Sky box works with a Sky eye to channel change

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭firemansam1

watty wrote: »
    No, still won't work. Only the Sky box works with a Sky eye to channel change

What exactly is the tri-link kit for. It mentions that it will controls DVD players etc etc and satellite receivers

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

As suggested the Triax tri-link will solve your problem perfectly. It also comes with a magic eye which is great...Have used loads of them with 100% success....

• Advertisement

Yes, What I was trying to say was that the actual Sky Digibox Magic eyes only work with Sky Digibox. Other remote systems have their own "eye" system. Which is also built into all video senders.

[EDIT]

I'm of course wrong.
    that the actual Sky Digibox Magic eyes only work with Sky Digibox
    Some of the adaptors convert the Sky eye signal to IR to work any box that uses normal IR (possibly not some UPC/NTL boxes that use IRDA)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I'm of course wrong.
    that the actual Sky Digibox Magic eyes only work with Sky Digibox
    Some of the adaptors convert the Sky eye signal to IR to work any box that uses normal IR (possibly not some UPC/NTL boxes that use IRDA)[/QUOTE]

The Triax Tri Links work perfect with the Sagem cable boxes...I've tried it....great unit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Does anyone know if the Triax Tri Links would work with a UPC mmds box? Sister in law receives her signal that way and is looking to have the option of viewing the box in another room if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

To answer my own question - it works 100%. Bought one from TV Trade on the understanding that if it didnt work they would take it back. Great people to deal with. Connected it to the chorus box and works perfectly.

Advertisement