Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax or Clear wire?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I need to get a new broadband package (see my Vodafone thread for more info). It's a toss between Imagine WiMax and Clear Wire bb. I'm living in the Cabra area, Dublin.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Clearwire is absolute rubbish fwiw

Tested it in 3 locations around Dublin and couldnt load web pages properly

Is imagine wimax the only other alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

+1 on the previous post, avoid clearwire at all costs. I don't know anyone on wimax but from what I gather it's ...ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Midband forum, as neither of these are broadband.

You should avoid Clearwire at all costs. Are they even still in existence?

Imagine Wimax has serious problems, just because of the way the network is implemented. Don't pick this if you want reliability, gaming, VOIP, low latency, all the usually stuff you'd associate with broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Imagine has purchased all the Irish Assets of Clearwire (who are big in USA, but are going to switch their WiMax network there to LTE).

See LTE vs WiMax in Ireland Offline forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056010865

Advertisement