Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of the beast?!

Options
  • 25-08-2010 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Ok, it's late and I was thinking of a thing which was said to me many years ago in regards to this number. I dunno should this be in the paranormal or conspiracy forums tbh, but here goes :D

Does anyone notice that on 90%+ of barcodes there is always a 6 in the beginning, middle and end of the barcode? Pick up smth now that has a barcode in it, notice that there is 2 lines of equal width and lengths at the start, middle and end of the barcode, this represents the number 6. U can see that it represents a 6 by looking when a 6 crops up in the numbers, directly above the 6 is 2 lines with equal width and lengths. :confused:

And if I remember correctly, in the bible it says smth like ' No man shall trade unless he bears the number of the beast in his (left/right?) hand. And that number is 666 ' Is the bible referring to the barcode (?!), which we all know is used intrinsically in trading today. Creepy! :eek:

I'd like to lay this little enigma to rest finally Cuz I'm sure there's a logical and simple reason to this or maybe I just plainly misinterpreted it. :P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well they had to Pick SOMETHING to deliniate the barcode, Odd that they picked 6 tho, surely 7 would have been the logical choice for those into numerology.

but, I remember reading somewhere that the number of the beast is 616 or DCXVL in old money

666 seems to have overtaken it due to its containing an L in the correct sequence making DCLXVI which AFAIK is all the roman numerals in sequence
    (besides M obviously) but hey 1666 was an interesting year
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1666

AAAAAAAANYWAY

some of these are Class
    http://catholic-resources.org/Bible/666.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Your thread reminded me of this song I used to listen to quite a bit when I was very young, always gave me a sense of wonder and apprehension/intrigue.

Thanks for sparking the memory and interest to find it again. It brought an early morning nostalgic moment.

I'm an atheist now, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm siting at my desk and i've just picked up the first 10 barcoded things that came to hand, not a single one followed this 6 6 6 pattern!!:rolleyes:

barcode2a.gif

See the 'guard bars' they are almost always sixes in the EAN barcode system, now technically the machine dosent read these bars so there is some dispute as to whether they are sixes or not, but if you've qorked in any Supermarket since the 90's you would read them as sixes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's not actually the same as a six, though. I think the six has a thick white line on one side, where as the guard lines don't, It's something like that. People tend to assume the white lines are just blank, but the they're just as important as the black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

sbsquarepants are u sure you're reading the barcodes correctly? :confused: Cuz most of what I see is that there are nearly always, what Mahatma coat calls, guard bars in the barcode. Which is the representative 6.

Look at the barcode that Mahatma coat has shown. Straight after the midde guard bar is the number 6, so look at the lines straight after the middle guard bar.... 2 straight lines of equal length and width. Here's another one highlighted.

barc666.gif

And a bit of google I found.....interesting.

http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html

http://www.av1611.org/666.html

First time I came across it one the intraweb tbh. So I'm not alone!!! Sweet!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Of course the early bible manuscripts that have been found show the number as 616 thus casting serious doubt on the later translations. So no conspiracy then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

"W" is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet. WWW = 666.

There is a rumor that boards.ie is run by an "ex" freemason. Maybe that's why there's no WWW in the url.

Melt your brains on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

demonspawn wrote: »

There is a rumor that boards.ie is run by an "ex" freemason. Maybe that's why there's no WWW in the url.

The 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is "Vav" ו.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

But it was an English Christian/Unitarian Universalist (Tim Berners-Lee) that invented the world wide web. Why would he even know what the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is (aside from not being what you said)?

And as I said above it looks like the number of the beast is actually 616.

I've met Devore on several occasions and he never mentioned a love of pinky and the brain once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is "Vav" ו.

Vav (waw) is actually V, O, or U.

"V" and "W" are interchangeable in the Semitic languages.

meglome wrote: »
    But it was an English Christian/Unitarian Universalist (Tim Berners-Lee) that invented the world wide web. Why would he even know what the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is (aside from not being what you said)?

And as I said above it looks like the number of the beast is actually 616.

I've met Devore on several occasions and he never mentioned a love of pinky and the brain once.
    Ah no Lad, they're wise to that one, if your wish is to establish whether or not a potential freemason lurks in your midst, then there is one tried and tested Neverfail freemason Catchall, At some random point in your conversation have a GOAT Released in the Proximity of Said suspected Silly Handshaker, if He asks why theres suddenly a goat in the room then he's probably not a Mason, if he seems to be deliberatley ignoring the Goat then you need to watch carefully for his tell, Furtive Glances and concealed signs of excitement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How do you mean no WWW in the URL? If you type www.boards.ie it is the same as typing http://m.boards.ie (on the mobile site at the mo so my phone keeps putting in the link for the mobile site, but you know what i mean) or just boards.ie

It's extremely common throughout the Internet.

Advertisement