Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which course ? advice needed? Carlow College or Ballyfermot?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I recently received a cao offer of English and History level 8 at Carlow college.Im very interested in history . However my career goal is to be a journalist work in media.Im not sure if this course is suitable?

However it appeals becuase of it elective subjects of Creative writing,Media Studies and Drama and Theatre.I do reckon my myself to be creative and would love the creative writing module?

But Ive also been offered a place on a two year General Media Diploma in Ballyfermot,which leads onto a level 8 degree by doing a extra year.

Im incredibly uncertain ive already completed a fetac level 5 course in Media Production,so I do feel that if I headed to Ballyfermot the 1st year would be basically repeating last year?

Also maybe ballyfermot may have a better reputation within the Media Industry,

I cant decide between the too,any advice would be much appeciated Im so confused right now!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I can't give any advice re journalism but I have a friend studying that atm and she hates the history part! she doesn't find it interesting at all and it seems to be too practical as opposed to informative!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Mr Creative - check out the course you have done as I would think that you completed a FETAC course and the course you are offered is a Higher National Diploma which is a higher award.

Advertisement