Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

presentation on future for renewable energy

Options
  • 24-08-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I have to do a 6min presentation next week on future prospects of renewable energy in Ireland

I was thinking 1 slide showing how renewable energy fits in today and then one slide on the prospect of how wind wave biomass wood pelletts is likely to progress in next 5yrs

how does that sound?

anyone got any good links for energy prospects in this country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

aidanki wrote: »
    hi all,

I have to do a 6min presentation next week on future prospects of renewable energy in Ireland

I was thinking 1 slide showing how renewable energy fits in today and then one slide on the prospect of how wind wave biomass wood pelletts is likely to progress in next 5yrs

how does that sound?

anyone got any good links for energy prospects in this country?

http://www.eirgrid.com/renewables/

If you want to go crazy and do a really good presentation give Sustainable Energy without the hot air a read and re-do the sums for Ireland.
    http://www.withouthotair.com/download.html

I'd recommend doing the pro's and cons of each different renewable, you should definitely include cost, reliability, intermittency of wind, contribution to security of supply, realistic % contribution of our total generation etc. Plenty to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

struggling with this a bit have put in some stuff on woodpellets and hoping someone can give me some pointers

how many homes are using woodpellets today? it appears to be about 3600 from balcas website

also anyone got a link to growth in wood pellet consumption in ireland in recent times can't seem to find this info anywhere

I was the first person to burn them back in 2002 as part of my college FYP so I know it was zero up until then

easy to find data for Sweden and Austria but not for our own island

rgds,
    aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

If you still havent done this, have a look at the SEAI website. Lots of info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Maybe you can get some information from the Renewable Energies sub-forum of the Construction and Planning Forum.

<
    Just click on Construction and Planning here.

Advertisement