Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need financial help?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi ,I am heading college soon and I have already applied for the city council grant. But is there any other I can apply for I know I may seem greedy but My mam is on one-parent allowance and there is three younger kids at home and to be honest I really could not ask her for money its just unfair.so could any one tell me of any other grants/scholarships? any kinda history english teaching ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you're income is that low, and there are dependent children etc etc you will get the grant- the amount will vary. Most colleges have a student assistance fund also available through an access office etc generally

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi ,I am heading college soon and I have already applied for the city council grant. But is there any other I can apply for I know I may seem greedy but My mam is on one-parent allowance and there is three younger kids at home and to be honest I really could not ask her for money its just unfair.so could any one tell me of any other grants/scholarships? any kinda history english teaching ones?

Ask the college about the student assistance fund
    Also some local partnership organisations might give small grants (e.g. Bray Partnership etc)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement