Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Program?

Options
  • 24-08-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey, I've a really important question and it would be really helpful if someone could answer it ASAP.

I was accepted in the access program, received my place in UL and am all set to go to the "Transition To University" program, starting tomorrow. One thing I failed to find out when I had the chance was whether or not the Access Program pays for your fees. If someone could answer this, I'd be really grateful. I don't have the means to go to college if my fees aren't paid for.. Which sucks, really.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Maybe call them or the Admissions Office?

Search for Access or Admissions Office on www.ul.ie and it should provide contact numbers/information for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ExamStresser

Yeah I've been trying that but there's next to no information about the HEAR scheme! I'll give it a try again though, thanks a lot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Email them: access@ul.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

Hi:D I am also an access person attending tomorrow ,But am why no they don't my friend attended access last year and she had her registration fees paid for by the city council grant so no worry.If your getting a grant then no worries Im poor too haha:P:P

Thanks a lot, I just did that now :)

• Advertisement

Hi:D I am also an access person attending tomorrow ,But am why no they don't my friend attended access last year and she had her registration fees paid for by the city council grant so no worry.If your getting a grant then no worries Im poor too haha:P:P
    Brilliant! Do you know when the deadline is for the application of the City council grant?

Twud be the 30th or the 31st of August?to be honest if I were you I would apply straight away to the city council went down there today and it was packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hey, I've a really important question and it would be really helpful if someone could answer it ASAP.

I was accepted in the access program, received my place in UL and am all set to go to the "Transition To University" program, starting tomorrow. One thing I failed to find out when I had the chance was whether or not the Access Program pays for your fees. If someone could answer this, I'd be really grateful. I don't have the means to go to college if my fees aren't paid for.. Which sucks, really.

Thanks!

Congrats to you both on getting the Access/HEAR programme. That makes 3 on this forum today.
    I'll see you both there tomorrow, and trust me, you will enjoy the few days spent in UL this week. :)

But back OT, the Access Programme will pay registration fees if you are not in receipt of a grant.
    Make sure to apply for the grant as well though!!

Mossin wrote: »
    Congrats to you both on getting the Access/HEAR programme. That makes 3 on this forum today.
    I'll see you both there tomorrow, and trust me, you will enjoy the few days spent in UL this week. :)

But back OT, the Access Programme will pay registration fees if you are not in receipt of a grant.
    Make sure to apply for the grant as well though!!

OH my god, the relief! I've been fretting about it all day. I'll apply for the grant first thing tomorrow morning! I'll fit it out there and then! Oh *sigh* I can finally breathe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

I still can't :P Am so stressed about everything! Hope I won't get lost today, especially that i'm coming on my own as my dad has to go back straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Enjoy TUC week, BEST CRAIC EVER!

Friends for life is an understatment :)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Enjoy TUC week, BEST CRAIC EVER!

Friends for life is an understatment :)

This is a FACT, and this year there are 105 new students, and it was great craic meeting them all yesterday.

I'd like to wish them all the best for the coming days with the Access programme, and also for theIR upcoming 4 years [minimum] in UL....

P.S. be kind to the leaders on TUC week, its tough going on them!!!

And they find out about every house party.

of course we do Sarah, especially this year when they invite us to them!

Rookie mistake!! :rolleyes:

crap! how did ye find out about the house parties?

It wasnt difficult to find them when people invite us and staff from the office to them.

I'm guessing that wasnt meant to happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

[QUOTE=Mossin;67644922
    Make sure to apply for the grant as well though!![/QUOTE]

Mossin, Im in DARE which is similar to HEAR but for students with disabilities. Do you know if that covers the registration fees?

I dont know Ryan, direct that question towards Derek Daly in the SU. He's the welfare officer, and he ought to be able to answer that.

You should re-post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767949&page=2

Ahhh! TUC was brilliant- there is stuff i surely wont forget for long time and people that are just fantastic :D It was pretty sad leaving!

Stop room 49 was kicking last nite! haha what course are you doing?:D

• Advertisement

Stop room 49 was kicking last nite! haha what course are you doing?:D

Psychology and Sociology- thats really funny if someone knows me ;D
    Post a pic, I dunno who are you :P

Awwwww y'all are making me jealous, I was meant to be a TUC leader this year but couldn't coz of my stoopid repeat :(

It was absolutely brilliant! Most of the people mixed very well and we had fantastic time. And parties were great :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Steff

Anyone in room 57 there the other night? Apparently security thought we had 50+ people in with us!

Haha, dats my apt, hi steff ;D
    It was brilliant, the night before was good too ;D I miss the craic!

Steff wrote: »
    Anyone in room 57 there the other night? Apparently security thought we had 50+ people in with us!

Ha, we had 65 last year ;)

Advertisement