Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studying psychology in the uk

Options
  • 24-08-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

hi there.
    i am thinking about doing a psychology conversion course ( two years..never done psych before) in the UK.
    Did not get accepted to NUIGalway.
    has anyone done this? any thoughts? thoughts regarding funding? best place to go?

pm if you get a chance.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Hi
    I have completed a conversion course myself in England. I had studied psychology before so it was'nt too bad.

Often the requirements of courses are that you have at least 60 credits of psychology from previous learning. In my class people who didnt have psychology before had completed the Open University course to gain these credits. Thats what I would recommend first.

As it is a post-graduate course, funding is fairly non-exsistent. I was self-funded for the year but you might get lucky
    The BPS webiste also has a list of accredited conversion courses in the UK

http://www.bps.org.uk/careers/accredited-courses/accredited-courses_home.cfm?frmAction=results&CourseType=CONV&Search_Type=NC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

hi there.
    i am thinking about doing a psychology conversion course ( two years..never done psych before) in the UK.
    Did not get accepted to NUIGalway.
    has anyone done this? any thoughts? thoughts regarding funding? best place to go?

pm if you get a chance.:pac:

A friend of mine actually got into nuig but went to magee in derry instead for psychology. I am now doing the psychology course myself at magee going into final year if you want info let me know i dont know anything about the conversion courses though

Advertisement