Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewage pump

Options
  • 24-08-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Hi

A client of mine has two septic tanks for a block of three flats. One small and one big. When the small tank reaches a certain level, then the pump kicks in and pumps the sewage to a large septic tank. He believes the pump has now failed and is looking for a replacement

Would a standard dirty water submersible pump be suitable for this application, or is there a particular sewage pump that I should use? Any help /suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hi

A client of mine has two septic tanks for a block of three flats. One small and one big. When the small tank reaches a certain level, then the pump kicks in and pumps the sewage to a large septic tank. He believes the pump has now failed and is looking for a replacement

Would a standard dirty water submersible pump be suitable for this application, or is there a particular sewage pump that I should use? Any help /suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

This isn't really my field, but I would think that an ordinary submersible pump would clog rapidly with the sort of debris that is often in raw sewage. I have bought all sorts of pumps in the past from Axflow in Dublin. A call to them for advice might be worthwhile. Their phone number is 01 4504522

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A standard pump is not acceptable for sewage. As far as i know a sewage pump has a maceator built into it.

Contact euro fluid i think they are called or NJ Power they will both give more solid information

Advertisement