Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent wont provide Proof of Income, so I can claim grant!

Options
  • 24-08-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

What can I do? One parent wont co-operate in helping me get nesscesary forms for grant, parents are going through separation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

That parent must be a complete ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

get the parent who own't comply to give you the money instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What can I do? One parent wont co-operate in helping me get nesscesary forms for grant, parents are going through separation.

who do you live with? has one of your parents moved out? who did you live with in October 2009? has this changed?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

As the deadline is looming, ring you grant authority and ask them if there is any alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    who do you live with? has one of your parents moved out? who did you live with in October 2009? has this changed?

Living on my own about 30 miles from family home now and in 2009, One parent has moved out in 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

When I applied for my grant last year my parents were going through separation. Basically I phoned up the grant office and told them that my dad did not contribute anything financially, that I don't even know where he lives (which is true), I have no way of getting in contact with him etc.

They advised me to go to a solicitor with my mam, and for my mam to get a sworn affidavit to state that they are going through separation and that she is solely responsible for me. Perhaps you might try this with whichever co-operating parent?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Living on my own about 30 miles from family home now and in 2009, One parent has moved out in 2009

How long have you been living on your own? Do you have bills or anything in your name for your current address?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

GSOIRL wrote: »
    How long have you been living on your own? Do you have bills or anything in your name for your current address?
    Only living at current address for a month, no bills yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

That's no use to you then.

I'd ring your Council and talk to them and explain your situation. I'd write down the key points before you ring so you won't forget any of them. They should be able to tell you what you have to do
    Sorry I can't be of better help.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How old are you? were you living on your own in October 2009? do you have any documentation in your name from where you were living in October 2009? Can you get something like a PRTB registration form for your current address ASAP

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

far as i know applicants are assessed on the income of the parent they live with. so if you live with the parent who will provide income you can work away.

council's will want some evidence of seperation..

Advertisement