Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron Ram upgrade 1GB to 4GB

Options
  • 24-08-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going back to college in a few weeks,

I currently have a pathetic laptop, Dell Inspiron 1525 with a whole 1024mb of ram! it barely runs vista!My mum got it last year for me when my old laptop died, she didn't know about ram and stuff.

Well I've looked it all up, and found it can be upgraded to 4GB (2 x 2gb) sticks

I want to get o2 broadband on it, but its too slow to run it, cos I've tested an o2 stick on it. I have windows 7 on in the drawer ready to install, I have everything backed up on my external hard drive.

my question kind folk, is this, on crucial.com. it has given me two options of 4gb bundle, both compatible for my laptop, both same price,

just wondering what I should go for? its 32bit vista i have, so its 32bit windows7 i'll be putting in.

Here is the link, the full specs of its current state is on there too, and the various options available, as it can take the 4GB i want to go for it.

http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/listparts.aspx?model=Inspiron%201525&pl=Dell&cat=RAM

I hope i'm in the right section
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

It's much of a muchness really. If your laptop can make use of the faster memory it might benefit from the PC2 6400 but if not it will probably run at the same speed and latency as the PC2 5300...
    Go with the PC2 6400 kit.

Advertisement