Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning a Cow Cam into a CCTV kit.

Options
  • 24-08-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to turn a camera that was used for a shed to see a cow calving into a cctv kit. I have an aeriel in the shed that sends the signals to the receiver that I have look at the attachments to see the receiver (it is a 12 channel receiver. Can I somehow use this receiver to send the signal into a machine that can record the images in the shed. and if so can someone please give me a link to the address were you can buy the machine to record the video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You have a transmitter in the shed and a reciever in the house to pick up the signal from the shed. All you need to do is run a RG59 or twisted pair cable from the reciever to a dvr.
    I'm guessing you had this set up connected to your TV.
    Anyway what part of the country are you in and I'll try and point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Jnealon wrote: »
    You have a transmitter in the shed and a reciever in the house to pick up the signal from the shed. All you need to do is run a RG59 or twisted pair cable from the reciever to a dvr.
    I'm guessing you had this set up connected to your TV.
    Anyway what part of the country are you in and I'll try and point you in the right direction

Thanks for your reply. Yeah you are right the transmitter is in the shed and there is a receiver in the house. Which DVR would you recommend and do you just split the RG59 cable and put it into the audio out and video out sockets of the receiver and into the dvr? I'm in Donegal so I am a bit to far north for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You could run two rg59 cables from the reciever to the DVR, one for audio and the other for the video. The only issue you might have would be crimping the BNC connectors.
    There's a crowd in Carrick in Leitrim that sell some good kit or you could try ebay for a good second hand one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neutech2010

Is there just one camera on it?

If so theres a handy mini 1 channel DVR you can use not silly ££ either

I pass through Donegal at least once every 2 weeks so if you need a cable made up etc give m a shout

Howya J ;)

Advertisement