Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gear

Options
  • 24-08-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Any one recommend me a PDF and shortie cag? For surf mainly.

Also an Irish retailer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey,

I've being using a Peak Uk Combi shorty for a good while now, as soon as this one needs replacing I'll be getting the exact same one again.

combi%20top%20web.jpg
    Between having this and a dry suit my Dry cag hasn't seen use in well well over a year or more. And for those really chilly days you can put the clip in Neo sleeves on.

It Depends on where you are based as to where you might buy, Peak are stocked by most of the Irish Retailers. I know i-canoe have a nice discount on these at the moment but if your further shouth MDAC might be worth a look.

Another shorty which I have seen but never used myself is the Duem Stuff shorty cag, there kit looks pretty cool.

anorak_2_web.png
    Duem Stuff is available through new to the market Irish Retailer Kayak Hut .

There are a huge choice of pfds out there at the moment, I use an Astral 300R for rivers and a Astral Newton vest for play/surf. Happy enough with both of them to be honest. If you want a really low cut vest the NRS Ninja which is not long out is worth a look.

21481_R_front_071609_250x250.jpg
    Available in i-canoe and other NRS Stockist.

Or Again the Duem Vest looks good

FS_VEST_02.png

Adrian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Cant beat the astral vests, the Willis is there cut down playboating vest which are really good we use the previous version for our students and i use it some times they are so light and give great freedom and the Green jacket is the river rescue one which if you take off the chest harness will give you almost the same amount of freedom.

The Palm apex shorty cag has been serving me well for the last 5 years nice and dry and no latex seals so no rash from the surf.

Best be is look at the sites of the retailers for the shorty cags as id say they may try get rid of some of the end of season stock.

i-canoe.com
    mdac.ie
    greatoutdoors.ie

Hope this helped.
    Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Good stuff Dudes.

thanks for that.

the peak one looks good.

I remember getting my first cag for 60punts. 15 years ago!!!

Advertisement