Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant reckonable income bands & change of circumstances

Options
  • 23-08-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hey does anybody know how the grant works for change of circumstances?
    The whole form is based on 1st jan - 31st dec 2009 apart from one question on the last page about a change of circumstances/income.
    Last year I would have only qualified for Level 1 (only getting half my fees payed and no income) Where as this year I would qualify for level 7 giving me €6355 and all the fees payed...
    On the question about change of circumstances i wrote in the extra notes about the change of income but I already left it fairly late to apply for it so don't want to go getting myself into trouble if I'm not gonna get the grant because of that :s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

My circumstances also changed for the worst this year.If you attach a letter with the form stating that circumstances(state what they are) have changed since date X, they will certainly acknowledge it and perhaps ask for further supporting documentation/information.Once you get the form in by the 31st of August (in some cases later depending on the grant authority) you should still be able to send in supporting documentation after this date.Also, remember that if you think that you're entitled to more than what they offer you, you can always appeal the decision via the appeal form. I know of several cases where people successfully appealed the decision.

Advertisement