Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WATER QUEST KAYAK

Options
  • 23-08-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys
    I wonder if anyone could give me information on the water quest kayak (see attached link) it seems like a very good price and it gets good reviews on some websites ..but all of these reviews are American so i would love to get an irish perspictive.
    I am a beginner and will be kayaking mainly on lakes and some rivers i wonder if it is suitable for this purpose an irish company sell them and would love to give them the business if possible.

Thaks very much guys

http://www.gowiththeflow.ie/products/wqkayak.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lank

Perfect for lakes, estuaries & general flat water use. I would imagine it to be very stable & forgiving, especially for yourself, a beginner. However it's a lot of money to spend if you're not quite sure. Ring Charlie Horan & ask him for a demo. I've dealt with him before & he seems a very genuine fellow. Plenty of good advice too, but then he may be slightly biased as he will do his best to sell it to you.
    The things I would ask myself are...
    How long will flatwater hold my interest?
    If I progress, I'll probably need another type of boat?
    What's the resale value? - I haven't found any others used & for sale, doing a quick google.
    The best advice I think I can give you is to join a club, that can provide new members with boats & equipment. Try it out first in the safe environs of a club paddle, you'll soon get the feel for what you need in a kayak, you'll also get great advice & practical safety tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 donadonie

thanks for the advice lank i totally agree with what you are saying ..i live in killarney and i really want to take advantage of the beautiful lakes i live so close to so i think it will be mainly this kind of kayaking i will be taking part in ..i have signed up to do a course but there are no clubs locally so i have to do courses instead which is fine because i will get good training ..thanks again for the advice

Advertisement