Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR at gamescom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this will probably be the first pay to play mmo im going to get into, ive got one or two questions though as i really havnt been keeping up with the game, every character is voice acted right even the player? also if you played any bit of it does it feel like kotor? i presume the story will be good as its a bioware game (heres me hoping as kotor is one of my all time favorites)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

this will probably be the first pay to play mmo im going to get into, ive got one or two questions though as i really havnt been keeping up with the game, every character is voice acted right even the player? also if you played any bit of it does it feel like kotor? i presume the story will be good as its a bioware game (heres me hoping as kotor is one of my all time favorites)

It feels more like a mix between WoW and Mass Effecr rather than Kotor to be brutally honest. Everyone is full voiced yet, even the players. I believe the players have a few voice sets to choose from, depending on their race and gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it's completely voiced throughout. And it's meant to be pretty much like KOTOR with you're own party that you gather and you can solo large portions of it, I think. Also the story is different depending on what character type you go for, so it's not meant to be the same old grind that most MMO's turn out to be. That said, those who have played it said that in basic turns it is still pretty much World of Warcraft in the Starwars universe. That's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

edit: Damn you Bulktohulk and your ninja posting abilities! I had 10 hours to reply. Why didn't I do it a few minutes earlier!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

humanji wrote: »
    I think it's completely voiced throughout. And it's meant to be pretty much like KOTOR with you're own party that you gather and you can solo large portions of it, I think. Also the story is different depending on what character type you go for, so it's not meant to be the same old grind that most MMO's turn out to be. That said, those who have played it said that in basic turns it is still pretty much World of Warcraft in the Starwars universe. That's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

edit: Damn you Bulktohulk and your ninja posting abilities! I had 10 hours to reply. Why didn't I do it a few minutes earlier!?!

*fades back into the shadows*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hotly anticipating this one, hopefully it will be something to take me away from WoW for a bit on release.

Worse case scenario I've got two great mmos to play :)

I've got such a good feeling bout this one, I dont think bioware have ever ****ed a game up.

And tbh for me they pretty much invented the concept of mmo with neverwinter nights :D

Cant wait!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Any release dates confirmed? Or if we will even see it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wont be a release this year, still only in the VERY early stages of Closed beta. Around April onwards is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shenlok

Looking good, can't wait for it to be released so I can give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

nix wrote: »
    Any release dates confirmed? Or if we will even see it this year?

they confirmed a few months ago that there planing for Spring 2011 at the earliest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just thought i'd throw this in here, as its the most recent Old Republic thread. Looks pretty damn cool. Possibly more of a side-game, but an impressive addition none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Looks cool. Like a 3d version of R-Type.

Advertisement