Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Share] UCd 1st year student help!

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey any incoming first year students for ucd looking for accomodation off campus? I applied for campus but theres not a chance of me gettint it as im like two thousand and something out of only 747 rooms frown.gif. Im finding it hard to find house shares with people my age(18) and am just wondering is there much others looking around the ucd area?? Preferbly 400pm max and id like to be within in walking distance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Viral

Yeah, I'm 18 and basically in the exact same situation looking for accommodation within walking distance of UCD.. less than 400/month ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 katie007

Viral wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm 18 and basically in the exact same situation looking for accommodation within walking distance of UCD.. less than 400/month ideal

Yeah im finding it really hard to find something that doesnt say professionals!! but the best ive come up with so far is a place in belfield thats 120 a week! thats over my budget :( you seen anything? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Viral

Seems no-one wants 1st year students =/ No but I'm calling UCD residences this morning and hoping they can offer some help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

i had the same experience in first year, it was horrible... if you don't get on campus, you can queue up at night for a place on the cancellation list... if you're one of the first there you should get a room, providing they don't skip you over again or mess up. (like they did with me, but i fought it). the ucd accomadation office is very badly run tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well im returning to study as a mature student and although I have been offered a few places I do see what you mean a lot of people seem to not want students but my best advice would be to look presentable ie dress well shirt and jeans ect and come across pesentable. Remember its a recession and a renters market out there so you have the advantage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement