Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outlets on Irish Rail?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice relating to the power outlets advertised on some intercity trains these day?

http://www.irishrail.ie/our_services/intercity.asp says "Power points sockets are also available on all Standard Class coaches on our new InterCity Railcar Fleet 22000"

My question is, is this on every seat or should I opt for a particular seat when choosing my seat online?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

9thbit wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice relating to the power outlets advertised on some intercity trains these day?

http://www.irishrail.ie/our_services/intercity.asp says "Power points sockets are also available on all Standard Class coaches on our new InterCity Railcar Fleet 22000"

My question is, is this on every seat or should I opt for a particular seat when choosing my seat online?

Thanks!

there are two sockets under each table, not sure for seats where theres no table.

Another more regular user may be able to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

There are sockets at the seats without tables.
    However if you're taking a train from Cork to Dublin or vice-versa then it's unlikely to be a 22000. Then it'd be a Mk4 Set. These only have a few sockets on each carraige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Adro947 wrote: »
    There are sockets at the seats without tables.
    However if you're taking a train from Cork to Dublin or vice-versa then it's unlikely to be a 22000. Then it'd be a Mk4 Set. These only have a few sockets on each carraige.
    there is one socket on the cork trains at the end of the carriage hidden away in where the luggage rack is, and another down near the toilet. 22000s have a double socket under each table and each set of seats without tables also has a double socket. other railcars have 2 or 4 sockets in each carriage in different locations, some at each end near the connecting doors or some have them under the tables near the end of the carriages.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

First Class have sockets under each table on the Mk4s for Dublin Cork line. :p

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Peadar06 wrote: »
    First Class have sockets under each table on the Mk4s for Dublin Cork line. :p

Peter
    only the management of Irish rail can afford to travel first class so I wouldn't know about power outlets in that other world;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

I am not management in Irish Rail, i just like travelling First class.:p

Advertisement