Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Sky TV in Ireland

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I remember reading about a woman in Germany selling German Sky cards to pubs in England to show premiership matches.
    Sky tried to stop her but couldnt as we are all europeans now.
    Was wonder if I could do the same thing here.
    Im living in Donegal and was thinking of trying to get a UK Sky card and subscription as the cost of ROI Sky TV is a rip off (same as most things in ireland)
    Anyone know if this is possible?
    I have Sky Tv here so have the box and dish already so no installation required (I hope)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's against your sky T&Cs. If they find out, they switch the card off.
    You will also lose access to RTÉ and TV3 through sky. Only NI registered cards have RTÉ and even then, live GAA is blocked.
    UK cards require you to have a UK account registered to a UK address with payments made through sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is not much difference in price and RTE, TG4 and TV3 is missing from mainland UK sub. N.I. UK Sub has some RTE/TG4 blacked out (possibly) and no TV3.

You need a UK address as they only send the card to a UK post code.

Better still is no sub. The highest share pay channels are only 2% or less viewing time. All the high percent UK channels are free.

Advertisement