Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Question [Easy, I hope]

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have about 10 different feilds across a row, some of the fields are list boxes. I want to force entry across the row or at least for some specific cells, if any of the other cells are edited.

Ive been trying to figure this out and its probably simple but i would much appreciate anyones help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

I have about 10 different feilds across a row, some of the fields are list boxes. I want to force entry across the row or at least for some specific cells, if any of the other cells are edited.

Ive been trying to figure this out and its probably simple but i would much appreciate anyones help

Not 100% sure what you want here, but maybe

Turn off cell protection for those cells you want edited, then protect the sheet.

Other than that you will need a macro , when a list box is updated it runs through and protects or unprotects the cells.

You will need to use the events onUpdate and function Cell.protection=1
    It's been a while so they're probably wrong, but at least they'll point you in the right direction.

Advertisement