Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating first year

Options
  • 23-08-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone, hoping one of yous will be able to help me out here. Im doing repeat exams for first year accounting at the moment and thought i was gona do well in them but one caught me by suprise last week and i think i failed which means i cant progress. im kinda glad in a way as i would have been just scraping through and carrying no knowledge in to second year. I dont mind repeating first year but am wondering how much it costs? I know for the reapeat exams it was 50 euro for the whole lot of them but in other peoples course it was 50 per module, so im hoping it will be cheaper to repeat the year than other courses. i know somebody doing science and they said it works out at like 2 thousand and something euro to repeat the year which i really cant afford. Any help would be appreciated greatly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

It willl cost the full Reg fee and Tuition for each subject. My advice Join the Credit Union. And get a student loan. Do you get a gran or BtEA. tell them this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Smartyn

I am entitled to grants yeh, but i heard someone say that you dont get grants when repeating a year?any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

just see about doing the exams and self study. No need to do the full year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

How much does it cost? I need to repeat 2 modules worth 5 credits each. I keep ringing the college yet I keep getting different information. Am I right in saying I was have to part with less than 700 euro to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Le King wrote: »
    How much does it cost? I need to repeat 2 modules worth 5 credits each. I keep ringing the college yet I keep getting different information. Am I right in saying I was have to part with less than 700 euro to repeat.
    It depends on how many course. As above it will be about €200 per subject on a degree course but if you've already done the classes you can bypass this by studying your notes at home and just pay €50 per exam that you take.

• Advertisement
Advertisement