Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

98 Pajero 2800 start problem

Options
  • 23-08-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

My 1998 2800 TD intercooler is slow to start after hours off.If I prime the diesel filter it starts no problem.What might be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is more than likely the seal in the injector pump.

It is a common issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alang9831

Have had the seal done in the pump and actually reconditioned the whole pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It is probably letting the diesel back to the tank so.

Are any of the fuel leak off pipes from the injectors damp or leaking? Sometimes the primer on top of the fuel filter housing can give trouble and let in air which will also let the diesel back to the tank.

You could try putting a non return valve on the supply line from the tank before the filter and see if this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 25 alang9831

The non return valve is already there from a previous owners efforts to solve the problem,so I think I will borrow the primer for on top of the filter out of a mates one and see if that helps.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

plenty of info and help on here

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

had the same problem with my 97 2.8 since august till last week. it was the pipes going down into the tank from the diesel sender. they leek which lets air in and air locks the filter. mines where fixed before by some gob****e with silocone. you need to take out the back seats. lift the carpet and there will be an inspection plate in the floor. remove that and clean all the muck from around the top of the tank. inspect for leeks with the jeep switched on. even if there is no leaks in may be drawing in air so get it checked. if thats not the problem it may be a hole in the diesel line going from the tank to the engine, these are located along the chassis arms and are very exposed to corrosion. check for leaks again. if thats not the problem then its your diesel pump seals... again all three problems i listed affect every pajero you see on the road.

Advertisement