Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on getting NYGiants tickets?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, I'll be in New York for the Giants game on Sept' 12th against Carolina - does anyone have any tips/experience of getting tickets? I see tickets on ticketmaster.com for nearly $200 but they're in the top deck! Is this a real reflection of demand for a Panthers game? Is this a typical face value or is this a tout price?

Should I just take a chance on the day by going out to the stadium? Any input or feedback would be great!

Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

TG250 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'll be in New York for the Giants game on Sept' 12th against Carolina - does anyone have any tips/experience of getting tickets? I see tickets on ticketmaster.com for nearly $200 but they're in the top deck! Is this a real reflection of demand for a Panthers game? Is this a typical face value or is this a tout price?

Should I just take a chance on the day by going out to the stadium? Any input or feedback would be great!

Tony

As it is opening day and in NY yup it would be a true reflection of prices unfortunately. And it is a typical price when games are sold out. Upper Deck tickets would normally be in and around 60-80 but the NFL allow the sale of tickets by private sellers through sanctioned websites i.e Ticketmaster Exchange or stuhub etc etc

As for touts stay well away from them.

I find stub hub is better than the NFL ticketmaster exchange program.

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-giants-tickets/giants-vs-panthers-new-meadowlands-stadium-957097/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TG250

All, thanks for posting the replies! It's proving to be a bit of a minefield (stubhub, seateater, ticketmaster, etc.) but hopefully I'll get something!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

Prayer (or a whole lotta cash)

First regular-season game in brand new stadium = big demand (for what normally would be a very hot ticket to begin with)

I agree with tallaghtoutlaws - Stubhub probably your best bet (unless you want to try your luck scalping in stadium parking lot pre-game)

Yep, it might be a struggle..I'll stick at it though...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

TG250 wrote: »
    Is this a typical face value or is this a tout price?

its not face value but the Giants don't sell any individual game tickets to people not on their waiting list so its roughly wht you can expect to pay for any game through the touts (licensed or otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭webpal

If you are buying through ticketmaster.com (and probably any other site) you'll need an account even if you have a ticketmaster.ie account. For this you will need a US address. I found out the hard way, went to a Raiders - Jets game and used the 'will call' option to pick up tickets. Unfortunately they had been cancelled as they couldnt verify a US address, luckily though I managed to get a ticket. Definately would avoid touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

As was stated earlier..........opening game in a new demand is high for those tickets. Also the Giants increased the price of single game tickets this season so face value tickets are more expensive.......which means 2nd hand they are going to be more expensive than they used to be.

I'd try secure tickets before getting to the ground if Iwere you as any time I've been there I've never seen anyone selling them in the parking lot.

webpal wrote: »
    If you are buying through ticketmaster.com (and probably any other site) you'll need an account even if you have a ticketmaster.ie account. For this you will need a US address. I found out the hard way, went to a Raiders - Jets game and used the 'will call' option to pick up tickets. Unfortunately they had been cancelled as they couldnt verify a US address, luckily though I managed to get a ticket. Definately would avoid touts.

How long ago did you order tickets through them. I have used ticketmaster 7 times now and have never had problems going to the will call window for my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

I actually tried using the ticket-exchange through ticketmaste on Tuesday, as the giants released single game tickets, but was unable to buy any as I didn't have an American or Canadian address.

• Advertisement

fermoyboy wrote: »
    I actually tried using the ticket-exchange through ticketmaste on Tuesday, as the giants released single game tickets, but was unable to buy any as I didn't have an American or Canadian address.

Thats weird it seems the Giants have their tickets limited to the US and Canada but if you pick other teams some have the option for International option with the will call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thats strange alright. I've used ticketmaster US for NBA and NHL with no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Thats weird it seems the Giants have their tickets limited to the US and Canada but if you pick other teams some have the option for International option with the will call.

New York is such a big market, they can easily afford to do that. I believe the waiting list is about 15 to 20 years for season tickets.

Hi all, Just thought I'd let you know that a few tickets were on sale on the day at the box office at the stadium. They had a few tickets left for the second and third decks for $€145 and $120 respectively, so I was able to pick one up! I didn't see or hear of any touts/scalpers selling any others.
    As an FYI...buses from Port Authority to the stadium are a great way to travel - it's a30 minute trip one way and a steal at $10 return!
    Thanks again,
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

I went to the Giants v Bears game last Sun at the New Meadowlands. Got ticket via the NFL Ticket Exchange on the Giants website and was able to buy a second level seat for $180 all in. I was able to print the ticket at home and just presented the sheet at the gate with no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Don't you need a US address to get on the Ticket Exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

Thats what I thought as well but I had no problems at all when I entered my Irish address, transaction went through no problem.

You get three follow up emails: the first confirms your application, the second confirms the transaction and then the third is the one with the link to where you can print your ticket(s). The whole thing worked very well but maybe only try it via giants.com

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

I used to live in new york and went to many NFL games at giants stadium to see both the jets and giants, everytime i wanted a ticket, i went to the bus station at port authority and in new york city and within minutes had a ticket from sellers there and at a very reasonable price too. ;)

Advertisement