Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Wine any Good Recipes ?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Ive Tried the Elderflower wine, Wasn't Bad for my first attempt, Ive done a bit of Home brew, But its Blackberry Season soon and was wondering if anyone has any Recipes for a nice Blackberry wine ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

Ive Tried the Elderflower wine, Wasn't Bad for my first attempt, Ive done a bit of Home brew, But its Blackberry Season soon and was wondering if anyone has any Recipes for a nice Blackberry wine ?

not just yet. but i've picked load of blackberries and intend on having a few goes at making wine starting tomorrow. some of the blackberries i've tasted were sweeter than i expected so i've got high hopes. i'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

Excellent, SO how you planning on Doing it ? Just Mix them up with Water Sugar and Yeast ?

have one fermenting now.

i just used...
    3ltrs water
    2 kilos of blackberries
    700gms of honey, i just prefer to use it than refined sugar.
    1 sachet of champange yeast.

the amounts above are not based on any recipe or experience. it's just a first attempt which i'll probably refine once i see how this turns out.

what i did was to put the blackberries into a large pot with a small bit of water. as it heated up i used a potato masher to break down the blackberries. after i added the honey plus the rest of the water and it was simmering for about 30 min, i then removed as much of the seeds and pulp using a sieve as i could.

when i poured it into the demijohn it was a beautiful deep ruby colour.

i'll be racking it around the 11th/12th so i'll let you know what the initial impression is for alcohol content.

Excellent, Sou8nds good, Think I be out picking blackberries the weekend so and give it a try

Excellent, Sou8nds good, Think I be out picking blackberries the weekend so and give it a try

i've racked it today for the first time and the first impression is that i should maybe use more blackberries in the next one. i guess i'll have to wait for a few weeks to get a better idea on what it will taste like but i was hoping for a stronger fruit flavour.

• Advertisement

I havent had a chance to go out picking yet. How a few weeks still i hope to pick some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 FUD MAN

try this site http://www.familyherbalremedies.com/blackberry_wine_recipe.html
    im going to give it a bash in a couple of weeks. there are a few blackberries around my area at the moment but reckon there'll be loads in a couple of weeks. best of luck with it!

Advertisement