Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless CCTV cameras

Options
  • 23-08-2010 10:08am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any advice on what wireless CCTV cameras to buy? My girlfriend wants to get two installed at the back of her mother's house. She saw one in the Argos catalogue, but I'd be loath to buy anything from them. The intention is to deter a problem neighbour from damaging her garden.

A quick google is suggesting something like this:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=226705

There's a PC in the house to use as the DVR. Would I be better off getting one of the more expensive models with a couple of cameras and dedicated DVR like this one:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=351163

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Draco. It really depens on what you want to use this for. If its just to view who is at the door etc thats fine. If you are having hassle & you plan on using the images as evidence you need something more professional with digital watermarking.

Resolution 450 TVL is a bit poor. For good quality look for 520 or higher.
    The lux level is also poor. Look for cameras that will function at lux below .1

If wiring is an option you will get much better quality for that money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For best advice on home security systems, I recommend post in the Home Security Systems Fourm. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Hah! Should have looked through the Home & Garden forums more. Any chance a mod could move this thread in there?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Draco wrote: »
    Hah! Should have looked through the Home & Garden forums more. Any chance a mod could move this thread in there?
    You'll have to ask Koolkid.

Advertisement