Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus - finance options?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi, sorry if this has been done a million times already... I'm going to Madrid for Erasmus in January and need to start sorting out savings. Just got a new job so can save out of that a bit, although it has to finance my life also! I doubt I'll be able to save sufficiently from a part time job even if i saved all my wages, which is just not possible.
    How do most people finance going away on Erasmus? Is a loan the normal way to go? Are there any banks that offer good deals to students? My situation is I don't qualify for a grant and I can't/don't want to rely on my parents for funds whilst I'm away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Credit unions offer 5 year loans

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

AIB do reduced rate student loans up to 5k and flexible payments and what not... Have a look at AIB student plus account

Advertisement