Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recommedations

Options
  • 22-08-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

does any one have any recommendations for pilates dvds, i travel a bit for work and was thinking it would be handy to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've never used a DVD but my friend has Darcey Bussell's DVD and really likes it. I have the accompanying book and find that quite good.

If you're a beginner, I would recommend trying to get to a few classes at the start to learn the technique. It's much easier to understand it with somebody on hand to correct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Hi Birdsong,

I bought a Pilates Workout for Dummies but not great. Doesn't include enough instruction on breathing etc.
    Would love to hear if anyone has some better suggestions for Pilates.

Am taking classes for about a year now, and still going - would like the DVD for workouts between classes.

Anyone got suggestions please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 YogaChick

A DVD I really like is Yin Yoga Foundations of a Quiet Practice by Paul Grilley.

Amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/Yin-Yoga-Foundations-Quiet-Practice/dp/B000B5871I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304375263&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Thanks YogaChick - don't suppose you've any suggestions for a good Pilates DVD instead?

Advertisement