Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Options
  • 22-08-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I've been looking for a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier for the longest time to no avail. Anybody have any idea where i could find a puppy???

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Thought you wanted a Labra or Goldendoodle??

No offence OP but you don't really seem to know what you want and so I would steer clear of sites like Donedeal.ie where is it very easy to get what you want but not necessarily the best place to get what you need when buying a dog.

Yes there may be some good breeders advertising on it but you really need to weed through the ads carefully and know exactly what you are looking for.

My advice would be to find a breed club, go to some shows, meet the dog and get advice from the breeders and then decide if it's the dog for you. http://www.iscwt.ie/ or http://www.irishwheaten.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annieh5

thanks for the responses.

To be honest a soft coated wheaten terrier was our first choice, but having rang the club in Ireland, and having gone to a few dog shows, we realised that the amount of breeders in Ireland is small to say the least.

We'd prefer not to get one that is not registered with the club, as we learnt that many of these SCWT are imported from either the UK or the US and have a greater chance of kidney problems. Thus the problem with getting a dog from donedeal where there is no regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

annieh5 wrote: »
    thanks for the responses.

To be honest a soft coated wheaten terrier was our first choice, but having rang the club in Ireland, and having gone to a few dog shows, we realised that the amount of breeders in Ireland is small to say the least.

We'd prefer not to get one that is not registered with the club, as we learnt that many of these SCWT are imported from either the UK or the US and have a greater chance of kidney problems. Thus the problem with getting a dog from donedeal where there is no regulation.

You will find it even harder to get one of those "so called" breeds that you mentioned.
    If you really are intent on getting a dog, you might have to wait for the right one. Dont rush into getting one just to have it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Agree with Andrea, I'd hold out for one to be sure that you get what you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement