Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Barking at the toaster popping..

Options
  • 22-08-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

..and the dishwasher clicking off, and the TV going on, and the neighbours cutting their grass, and, well everything really.

The 4am clothes sticker letterbox bandits cause us, and him, near heart attacks.

I have a pretty quiet house generally, just me and my daughter, but if she leaves the house he is distraught - so barks for 5 minutes. He makes people anxious when they visit, as he barks so much with excitement.

He's a 6 month old Bichon Frise.

For the love of God, someone give me some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Just to add:

He barks at the washing on the line, he barks at the wind moving the trees in the garden, he spent 10 minutes barking at the bin liner tied to the wheelie bin (it was blowing in the wind).

Judging by the smell, he has just relieved himself in my bedroom because I forgot to shut the door. The door to the garden is wide open since clothes sticker bandits woke us at 4am.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

it really looks like the dog had no experience with the outside world. Where did you get it? I hope it wasn't bred somewhere on the back of someone's shed with no human and outside world contact?
    Is the dog bored by any chance? Do you walk it regularly? Do you play with him? Try not to make fuss about things he is afraid of. Invite him to investigate these whings, sniff them, feel them, etc. 8 months is a very vulnerable period in their development. They go through this Fear Stage - be careful not to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I also have a bichon who drives me absolutely bonkers,she does a high pitched bark at anything and everything,makes ye jump:(She goes everywhere and meets everyone and is 3 so well used to noises.She did have a seizure when she was about 1 and im convinced there was brain damage done.A little girl next door calls her the "cockadoodaldoo"From speaking to lots of vets and owners,and have minded bichons aswell they are strange little dogs :)

Advertisement