Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the money?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Just interested to know what kind of careers are the highest paying after graduation from college.... Dentistry? Vetinary Medicine? Optometry? Pharmacy?
    What other careers/courses?
    I'm not a gold digger by the way! Just curious!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Dentistry, pharmacy, doctor (after a LONG time!) some business ones.

Lots of money usually means long hours and no life.

I've done that for the last 5 years. Totally not worth it! I'll settle for mediocre money and a life now, thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

dan_d wrote: »
    Dentistry, pharmacy, doctor (after a LONG time!) some business ones.

Lots of money usually means long hours and no life.

I've done that for the last 5 years. Totally not worth it! I'll settle for mediocre money and a life now, thanks!!

Really? Which of the ones you mention did you study?
    Well, it depends though. Medicine pays big after alot of hard work and years and years. But dentistry is 9 to 5 and still pays big I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You can't go into a career like hospital medicine for the money. Its a hard slog, you have to want to be there.

You can't go into a career like hospital medicine for the money. Its a hard slog, you have to want to be there.

That discussion is for another thread really. It wasn't the original question! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Go do Vetinary Medicine it is a rewarding and satisfying career

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Timbuk2 might like hearing me say this, or might know more about it, but I've always been told that actuaries have one the highest (if not the highest) starting salaries of any course. Good employment opportunities too apparently.

dambarude wrote: »
    Timbuk2 might like hearing me say this, or might know more about it, but I've always been told that actuaries have one the highest (if not the highest) starting salaries of any course. Good employment opportunities too apparently.

You're Right. Actuaries (or so I'm told) have excellent pay cheques, you just have to be a maths whizz! You would have to love maths to be good at this job and enjoy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

dambarude wrote: »

Out of the thousands of jobs on careers portal.ie its the only one that says ''possible future shortage'' !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Out of the thousands of jobs on careers portal.ie its the only one that says ''possible future shortage'' !!!

If job security is what you are after go for mortician, its a bit of a dead end job though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Penrose wrote: »
    If job security is what you are after go for mortician, its a bit of a dead end job though :pac:

And you dont start on 100k . .. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Corporate law is well paid, but difficult to get into and, I expect, quite boring if you weren't genuinely interested in it.

Advertisement