Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BetFair

Options
  • 22-08-2010 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I see if you join Betfair they give you 30euro free bet. I just gave a quick read over it and as far as I see they refund your bet up to 30euro if you lose. Does anyone know if you lose your bet and you withdraw the 30euro they refund you back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

but if your bet loses you wouldnt have anything to withdraw?? or am i reading it wrong? if you bet €30, you will get a free €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

dotsflan wrote: »
    but if your bet loses you wouldnt have anything to withdraw?? or am i reading it wrong? if you bet €30, you will get a free €30

If you bet any bet up to 30euro, they refund that bet. So if I bet 25euro and my bet loses they refund my account with the 25euro.

If you bet any bet up to 30euro, they refund that bet. So if I bet 25euro and my bet loses they refund my account with the 25euro.

usually you get a free bet regardless of if it wins or loses from what i know. thats what other bookmakers do anyway, its a good while ago since i opened my betfair account so cant remember. sorry my bad, just read it there, if your bets lose then you get refunded your losses. if your setting up an account you i can also give you a refer and earn code where we'll both get free bets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

usually you get a free bet regardless of if it wins or loses from what i know. thats what other bookmakers do anyway, its a good while ago since i opened my betfair account so cant remember. sorry my bad, just read it there, if your bets lose then you get refunded your losses. if your setting up an account you i can also give you a refer and earn code where we'll both get free bets ;)

PM me the code...?

EDIT: I think you only get the "free bet" if you lose. Sounds more like a refund than a free bet..

Sir Vival wrote: »
    PM me the code...?

EDIT: I think you only get the "free bet" if you lose. Sounds more like a refund than a free bet..

pm'd you there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

pm'd you there

Thanks, would have opened an account straight away if there was a €30 free bet. Not too sure now... will use your code if i decide to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Basically you just get another chance if you lose. You can't withdraw the free bet. It is not free money or anything. If you think you have a 'sure thing' or are confident and want to make a big bet then it is worth a shot but don't do a random or even a normal bet there. You'll just end up making a bigger bet than you would have. I've made good money on these bets but only when I was 11% feeling right about a horse (and even then I've lost some of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

anyone wanna pm me a code and i'll sign up now?

• Moderators Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭x PyRo

PM sent boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Did everyone get a phone call from betfair when they opened a account? They rang me this morning about getting my account going and wanted to ask some questions, I just said nows not a good time and they said they will ring back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Did everyone get a phone call from betfair when they opened a account? They rang me this morning about getting my account going and wanted to ask some questions, I just said nows not a good time and they said they will ring back.

I didn't bit. But unusual. You might have forgotten to tick the 'don't contact me' type button when signed up

yeah they rang me when i opened my account trying to get me to deposit money, i just told them id prefer to do it in my own time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

When they ring they usually give you a free bet or another "Deposit 20 and we'll refund 20 if you lose" sorta thing

• Moderators Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No self promotion please lads.

If someone wants one it's grand to PM one but you can't offer your own. Cheers.

Advertisement