Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moving country?

Options
  • 22-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Sup dudes and dudettes,

so is anyone considering moving country? I need to know is it like starting from scratch if you do? like with a new squad of newbies?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Im not moving . . i couldnt leave the homeland (even though i want to :D)

and you keep your squad afaik but and players you've had from the start change to the nationality of the destination country

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I wouldn't move country unless I was already in the wrong country. I don't really see any benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I see the Gnomes are off to Zimbabwe.

Strange decision.

To be a shark in an egg cup?

That is the point.

going to a Country like that is a one way ticket to becoming a one-clicker.

There will be absolutely zero challenge and playing normal in every game will be enough to get you into the playoffs of Division 1.

It's not for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    That is the point.

going to a Country like that is a one way ticket to becoming a one-clicker.

There will be absolutely zero challenge and playing normal in every game will be enough to get you into the playoffs of Division 1.

It's not for me anyway.

Could concentrate on training internationals with a pretty secure revenue stream from continually making playoffs in DIV I and also long cup runs and high enough contentment from this leading to high gate revenues.

You could gain challanges from monday night tournaments i would suspect, if thats how the movers are thinking.

I can see the advantages of it! ;)

eoferrall wrote: »
    Could concentrate on training internationals with a pretty secure revenue stream from continually making playoffs in DIV I and also long cup runs and high enough contentment from this leading to high gate revenues.

You could gain challanges from monday night tournaments i would suspect, if thats how the movers are thinking.

I can see the advantages of it! ;)

I dunno, would you be training Irish internationals? Maybe it'd be an idea for a few of the trainer teams to disappear off, but not the Gnomes, they're a competitive fight force, now they'll just become lazy clickers with satin knickers. Not for me mate, not for me.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I dunno, would you be training Irish internationals? Maybe it'd be an idea for a few of the trainer teams to disappear off, but not the Gnomes, they're a competitive fight force, now they'll just become lazy clickers with satin knickers. Not for me mate, not for me.

Within a season or two you could be buying an Irish star and training with lvl 5 facilities I would say. then sell them on after U20 and keep making cash that way.

not for me either (but seeing as I can not open my lvl 4 facilities and hire the staff sitting there i can see the enticement of easier revenue streams!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Just saw that Catalonia, the number 1 team in Div II is moving to Spain.

Eireannach wrote: »

He is one of the managers that was supposed to move last season so no surprise there really.

• Advertisement

Eireannach wrote: »

Makes sense, and opens it up a fair bit in Div 2. The weakening of our nation continues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Will leaving teams this year be replaced by a bot in that league or are we now having a bot flush every season if teams move?

I couldn't bring myself to move, I like beating fewcifur, eoferrall and crisco in the regional rankings too much :p

mar-z wrote: »
    I couldn't bring myself to move, I like beating fewcifur, eoferrall and crisco in the regional rankings too much :p
    :eek:

:(

I claim it is your Div II status boosting you!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

mar-z wrote: »
    Will leaving teams this year be replaced by a bot in that league or are we now having a bot flush every season if teams move?

No bot flush this year. One of the teams in mine league is leaving. Then another team in my league might go BOT. so could be 2 BOTs in the league next season. I hope not. (Although, if I missed because I happened to be in Div II it would be great)

Might be give me a fighting chance in the rankings stakes! ;)

Advertisement