Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

priamry schools in Dingle

Options
  • 22-08-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Primary Schools in Dingle ?

My 7 year old son is starting into ranga do in his Gaelscoil and is very happy there but we are considering moving to Dingle either this September or next september.

The only thing holding us back from going immediately is that his current school is so good. We would be moving to Dingle to do more Sailing/Surfing/Climbing/fishing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ? If there is a better forum to post this in please let me know.

thanks

P.S.I just posted this in the Kerry section but I figured some people on here might be able to help too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phonefixer

LOL thread name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

OP my mother moved us to Dingle when I was in 6th year secondary. I dont know what the primaty school in Dingle town is like personally, but to be honest, all the primary schools on the pennisula producced a lot of great leaving cert students, most girls in my year got over 400 points in their leaving!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

The primary school in Dingle town is much better than the ones located more to the west of Dingle. That's my opinion as I went to a gaelscoil there and then moved to the primary school in Dingle town.

The one in Dingle town covered a lot more subjects and had more teachers from what I can remember. I enjoyed it a lot more, although there is less teaching through Irish.

I moved from Dublin at the age of about 10 and began in an Irish speaking school which was great because I picked up the language quickly yet I remember we were only ever taught Irish, history and Maths. When I moved to Dingle town the school taught a lot more subject and I definitely enjoyed it so much more.

That's not to say the other schools are bad, many of the pupils seem to do VERY well in their Leaving Cert so they must be doing something right :)

Advertisement