Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion about free fees

Options
  • 22-08-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I got a place in UCD and have been bothering them about my free fees eligibility since. My concern was that last five years i`ve been all over the place: UK for a year, Namibia-Mozambique for 7 months, Estonia for 4 months, UK 9 moths, South Africa year and a half and i`ve now been living in Ireland for a year. I would say that i`ve been in Europe 3 years over the past 5 years,but still had my doubts about how "they" will see it.
    THe several emails i sent them all got similar reply: i can get all the informaton on UCD fees page and they think i wont have any complications.
    4 days ago I registered with UCD and when i got to online fees payment page, it showed that the only amount pending for me was 1650 euros (stydent service fees and levy). I WAS THRILLED!!:D I returned to the page today to do the payment and now there were also pending tuiton fees:eek:
    How did that happen over the past 4 days????
    I dont understand why did they leave it on LAST MINUTE especially that i`ve been enquiring for months now about the state of my eligibility.
    Could anyone advise me on what approach to take and how to proceed???:confused:
    THANKS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

I registered today for UCD too and my fees page also had on it the tuition fees and an outstanding balance of the whole lot even though I have never left the EU and never studied any further education so I am 100% entitled to free fees.

I am ringing them first thing in the morning and I suggest you do the same and get it sorted once and for all over the phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Don't panic just yet. It usually takes the system in UCD a while to deduct the fees. Here's a thread from last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055655960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 inku

Thanks guys!!
    Well, i went to their office yesterday and oh well...its like talking to the wall. So now (naturally:confused:) i gotta prove them my whereabouts in the last 5 years. Easy hei, ofcourse i`ve been travelling around with all the paperwork and tax forms....aaarrghh. When i tried to tell them that no one even asked for a proof and that in various emails i was told that IF they need proof they`ll request it. Dont have an idea where am i gonna get all the stuff from now....:(
    Im just so fed up cant describe.

Advertisement