Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Munster.

Options
  • 22-08-2010 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows any good free camping spots in Munster.i want to go camping soon and dont really want to be spending up to 25 euro to pitch my tent for the night.

i know everywhere can be free if your hidden away, but i just want to know if anyone has pitched a tent near any beaches or woods and not gotten bothered by anyone to move

thanks in advance

Opti :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

Up de mountain i suppose. try a few of the islands along the coast maybe, although you will be paying for the ferry then.

Just don't go to Castletownbere

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭OptimashPrime

still getting the hang of the place, was looking for a travel forum

ya suppose ill go along the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

thanks for that Biko, you get really good ideas of the good spots to head for from these type of articles too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I saw people camping in the sandhills at ventry beach there was a pub nearby too! drive through the village until you come to paudie o sheas pub. Drive down the road next to it.

similar situation on derrynane beach on the ring of kerry.

a guy i know used go camping somewhere along the kerry way between killarney and kenmare too.

Don't leave your rubbish behind you

sheesh wrote: »
    I saw people camping in the sandhills at ventry beach there was a pub nearby too! drive through the village until you come to paudie o sheas pub. Drive down the road next to it.

similar situation on derrynane beach on the ring of kerry.

a guy i know used go camping somewhere along the kerry way between killarney and kenmare too.

Don't leave your rubbish behind you

thanks sheesh, im still deciding where to go, that place sounds really nice :-)

fear not, im very tidy and would never leave litter or any other rubbish after me whilst camping

Advertisement