Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lacuna Coil Cover Band

Options
  • 22-08-2010 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Ok, firstly I realise that alot of people might not have heard of them, but I'm a male singer looking to start/join a Lacuna Coil cover band. I'm already singer in a well established metal band have played in Cork, Tipp, Limerick, Kildare & Dublin. As I would be dividing my time between both bands, this might also interest anyone looking to be in a "side project". I am based in Cork so preferably anyone interested would be from same area. Need 2 guitarists, bassist, drummer, female singer & keyboardist. Looking for people who are well able to play, but don't take things too seriously. It's all about playin music & havin fun :) Anyone interested must be aged 20+ please

Again, this is strictly a Lacuna Coil cover band so it doesn't matter if ya can't write songs ha ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Whereabouts in Cork are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kemper

I am based in Cobh, but use practice rooms in Cork city so the city would ideally be the central point for practicing

That sounds good. I'd be interested in doing either guitar or bass for this. I'm a big Lacuna Coil fan.

Wow, cool! Didn't think I'd find anybody interested at all, let alone that quick ha ha. Thats cool bud, I'll leave you pick yourself between guitars & bass and you can let me know, seeing as you were first to reply lol. Hopefully this thing will grow legs and we can get a enough people together to jam. Spread the word around too bud, see if anybody else would be interested. I'll keep in contact bud and let ya know if I can get anyone else too.
    Cheers again for the replies bud, appreciate it :)

Kemper wrote: »
    Wow, cool! Didn't think I'd find anybody interested at all, let alone that quick ha ha. Thats cool bud, I'll leave you pick yourself between guitars & bass and you can let me know, seeing as you were first to reply lol. Hopefully this thing will grow legs and we can get a enough people together to jam. Spread the word around too bud, see if anybody else would be interested. I'll keep in contact bud and let ya know if I can get anyone else too.
    Cheers again for the replies bud, appreciate it :)
    No worries, hopefully we can get a few more people on board and take things from there.

• Advertisement

Cool, my brother said he'll do drums for us, just to help us get goin cause he's in my other band too & said he wouldn't be able to do it all the time, but he'll help us get up & runnin

Cool, my brother said he'll do drums for us, just to help us get goin cause he's in my other band too & said he wouldn't be able to do it all the time, but he'll help us get up & runnin
    That sounds good. I probably should have asked in my previous post but what age are you guys?

No bothers bud, I'm 30 and my brother is 35. How about yourself?

No bothers bud, I'm 30 and my brother is 35. How about yourself?
    Ah grand, I'm 31. I was just afraid you'd all turn out to be 17 or something and leave me feeling really old ;).

Hey, just lettin ya know that I haven't given up on this cover band but neigh on impossible to get anybody!!! Especially female singers, finding it tough. If you hear of anyone that might be interested let me know, I'm still lookin too :)

• Advertisement

Hey, just lettin ya know that I haven't given up on this cover band but neigh on impossible to get anybody!!! Especially female singers, finding it tough. If you hear of anyone that might be interested let me know, I'm still lookin too :)
    I know what you mean! No worries, I'm still interested anyway.

Hey bud, got a female vocalist who'd be interested :). As I've said I've got a bassist & drummer who'll help us get up & runnin but can't commit so I've picked 3 songs that I think will work to start with without 2nd guitarist & keyboards.

1. I Won't Tell You
    2. Spellbound
    3. I Like It

I know they're all new ones, but they might work the best. Anywho, gonna pass these 3 songs along & hopefully we can all get together for a jam some time?

Ah, I'd love to play Swamped or Enjoy The Silence but those songs will do for a start :)
    Do you want me to do bass or guitar for this?

Also, whereabouts do you plan on jamming? I'm based near Douglas but I've got a car so I can easily travel if required.

Malice_ wrote: »
    Ah, I'd love to play Swamped or Enjoy The Silence but those songs will do for a start :)
    Do you want me to do bass or guitar for this?

Also, whereabouts do you plan on jamming? I'm based near Douglas but I've got a car so I can easily travel if required.

Me too, especially ETS, but don't think they'd work as well with no keyboardist & 1 guitar for now. We'll get around to it we get a full band, don't worry :) If you could do guitar man that'd be great cause I got bassist for now. I jam up in blackpool jam rooms with my other band so probably there. Decent spot :)

Me too, especially ETS, but don't think they'd work as well with no keyboardist & 1 guitar for now. We'll get around to it we get a full band, don't worry :) If you could do guitar man that'd be great cause I got bassist for now. I jam up in blackpool jam rooms with my other band so probably there. Decent spot :)
    Yeah you're right, I didn't think about the lack of keyboards and just having one guitar. It'd be a bit hard to do the synth lead and the rhythm guitar parts at the same time :).

I can take a look at the guitar parts for those three songs. It should only take me a couple of weeks to get them down. I'm in Liverpool the weekend of November 6th/7th but free after that at the moment if you want to try to organise a date and time to meet up.

Cool bud, I must give the 3 songs to the bassist & drummer cause they don't know LC's stuff at all!!!! lol, so be another few weeks yet. I'll be on to everyone anyway in a few weeks when I hear back on how everyone's doin :)
    Cheers again for steppin up bud, appreciate it :)

No worries man. I'll get cracking on those songs anyway and when you're ready to jam either PM me or update this thread and we'll sort out a date and time.

Advertisement