Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.5 month old pup in heat

Options
  • 21-08-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Was due to get our little Shih Tzu spayed before our holidays. Wanted to get it done before the first heat. Had to change th plans and booked her in for September 1st. Got back last night, picked her up from the (wonderful!) kennels this morning and she's in heat!!

Will she be able to be spayed on Sept 1st? Or do we need to wait 3 or 6 months? I've heard and read various opinions. Which is true? And more importantly which is best for our dog?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

jolo wrote: »
    Got back last night, picked her up from the (wonderful!) kennels this morning and she's in heat!!

Its hardly the kennels fault.
    Probably best to give your vet a call to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I think different vets have different views, so best to give your vet a ring and check their policy.
    As far as I know though, due to increased blood supply etc, few vets will do it will she's in heat, so it's likely the 1st Sept is out as she'll be in season for about 3 weeks in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

Thank you for the replies.

I'll ring the vets asap on Monday. I was just wondering if all you knowledgeable folk could tell me.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me - I'm in no way blaming the kennels - how could I? The wonderful in brackets was not sarcasm - they are actually very wonderful kennels where they looked after and cared for our little cutie. It is not the kennels fault. It's no-one's fault.

Advertisement