Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance renewal

Options
  • 21-08-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Ok, so ive just gotten a renewal letter from my insurance company today with the details of cost etc for renewing my insurance with them, is it normal that insurance will go up even though i havent made a claim or picked up any points on my licence,

My insurance last year was 512euro FC but this year they want 579euro FC, i have 6 years no claims and have never had points or a claim in my 13years of driving!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Ok, so ive just gotten a renewal letter from my insurance company today with the details of cost etc for renewing my insurance with them, is it normal that insurance will go up even though i havent made a claim or picked up any points on my licence,

My insurance last year was 512euro FC but this year they want 579euro FC, i have 6 years no claims and have never had points or a claim in my 13years of driving!

Seems to be the norm mate its happening with almost everyone. Shop around and try and get a cheaper quote. Go back to your original insurer ant tell them 50 euro less than your other quote:D They nearly always give in not to lose business and worse case scenario you are still cheaper with your other new quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

Ive been shopping around a bit and the lowest ive come up with is 500euro, with that i get all the extras my current insurers were offering plus i get my no claims protected

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Drake66

Yeah very normal. We are in a hard market in insurance again. Investment incomes have been poor over the last two years so the companies are trying to maximise their underwriting performance.

Advertisement