Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I going mad

Options
  • 21-08-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Am I going mad or just a car lover. I was driving about today looking for a car for a mate and spotted this: http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/7-Series/728i/201017197758067/advert?channel=CARS

It would only be a run about or a weekend car. I would love something like this. He has the 4 litre one as well but its silver and i dont like silver that much. It seems cheap compared to other examples. What are yer thoughts. I sold my Audi 2 months ago and I am dying to go to a motors meet up but I dont want to turn up in a diesel passat...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've seen both those 7's recently. The silver one is actually incredible. Can't understand how someone hasn't bought it yet even if it is a 4 litre luxobarge, it's very very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I've seen both those 7's recently. The silver one is actually incredible. Can't understand how someone hasn't bought it yet even if it is a 4 litre luxobarge, it's very very clean.

The 4 litre is slightly out of my budget but is fantastic. He has a lovely set up there. I was actually looking at the Alfa gtv for a friend and spotted the beemer.

This took my fancy too: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Land-Rover/Range-Rover/4.0-HSE/201020198052851/advert?channel=CARS

You wouldnt get a half decent mondeo for that brass...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Looks very nice. Could go in the bangernomics thread.
    2.8l looks a bit on the smaller size for a 7 series. But looks a very nice car none the less.

I don't know if I'ld be too keen on buying a <2000eur 7 series. It could have many potential problems...

Looks very nice. Could go in the bangernomics thread.
    2.8l looks a bit on the smaller size for a 7 series. But looks a very nice car none the less.

I don't know if I'ld be too keen on buying a <2000eur 7 series. It could have many potential problems...

I agree but it wouldnt be doing any driving at all. More of a mans hiding place...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Race you to Cork..??:D

SARASON wrote: »
    I sold my Audi 2 months ago and I am dying to go to a motors meet up but I dont want to turn up in a diesel passat...:)

Are there Cork ones or national ones ?
    Off topic I know.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Are there Cork ones or national ones ?
    Off topic I know.

National I would say. I was on to Chris before about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

SARASON wrote: »
    The 4 litre is slightly out of my budget but is fantastic. He has a lovely set up there. I was actually looking at the Alfa gtv for a friend and spotted the beemer.

This advert was last updated 82 days ago

I'd open the bidding at €3.5k ;)

Insurance on the 4 litre is 1100 euro fully comp. Isnt bad is it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I like the idea of having a big lump of a petrol car as a play thing for the weekend & that kind of budget makes it possible. The road tax is the killer is these plans though & I was looking at 30 year old stuff too but I dont know, the budget would want to increase for a proper classic.
    I like those 7 series but would also quite like an 80s mercedes 500se or sec

mickdw wrote: »
    I like the idea of having a big lump of a petrol car as a play thing for the weekend & that kind of budget makes it possible. The road tax is the killer is these plans though & I was looking at 30 year old stuff too but I dont know, the budget would want to increase for a proper classic.
    I like those 7 series but would also quite like an 80s mercedes 500se or sec

That guy has one of those Mercs Mick. Check out his other cars and youll see it. Luckily my local ags arent too fussed about motor tax so I would prob tax it for maybe 3 months and drive away for 6 months then...

Heres the link actually. http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/280-SE/2.8-stra/200937195193873/advert?channel=CARS

The two 7 series are very well priced. I was looking at uk sites and they are a way way dearer.

I just love the interior of that model merc - the steering especially.
    If going classic route, I would like the coupe version of that one.
    Alternatively something ike this:
    kaqy3m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

^^ Wow, what's that Merc called? Looks awesome in that pic.

Shes nice..

^^ Wow, what's that Merc called? Looks awesome in that pic.

Its a 500sec

Advertisement