Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc in International Management.

Options
  • 21-08-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

OK so I'm heading to TCD to do the MSc in International Management but I am SERIOUSLY put out but the timetable I've just received (3-9 almost every day for most weeks), because basically makes it impossible for me to do anything I enjoy (for instance am big into fencing, but thats gonna have to go because I can't make it to ANY training session), however thats not the main problem I have really. As I live in Maynooth I'll be commuting every day and was just planning on taking the train in and out every day and just buying a student monthly ticket. However looking at the train times it seems the next train after 9 o clock in the evening is 9.55, which means I won't be home till almost 11....which is just crazy!

My other option is to take the 66 bus everyday, this will be significantly cheaper and will mean I'll be home alot earlier, but will have to leave my house 20 minutes earlier (which is no big deal really although I wouldn't have anywhere safe to leave my bike like I would at the train station) and spend alot longer travelling each day. The best option would be to take the train in and then the bus out every day, but thats not an option due to cost.

So anyways at the minute I'm leaning towards the bus (even though it means I'm spending around 2 hours on the bus every single day), but I would much prefer to be able to catch the 8.59 train from Pearse every day instead. So what I'm actually asking is do the lectures actually run to 9 o clock every day? Or is it one of those "oh we usually finish up at 8.45 things"? Because if so I would just get the train, which would be much better. Also I know I could just skip 15 minutes of class every day, but it all builds up and it seems like the workload is gonna be pretty crazy anyways.

Can anyone who has done/is doing the MSc in International Management give me some opinions on it actually? For instance I'm meant to go away for 2 days in November but it means I end up missing 2 days of one of my modules (International NGOs). Should I just pick another module instead as I'm missing so much? Also when does the christmas exam timetable usually come out, as I'd like to be able to plan as far in advance as possible. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Lectures finish 10 minutes before the hour for undergraduates at least.
    I'd say you have a good chance of making it, depending on where the lecture is.

Don't forget that you can try to go to Tara Street station, There's a gate beside the printing house, it's probably closed by then.

Advertisement