Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocalist wanted for punk rock band [Dublin]

Options
  • 21-08-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Band Name: None yet...
    Band Genre: Punk Rock
    Band Location: Dublin. Rehearsals in Dublin city centre.
    Influences: The Clash, The Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, The Replacements, Sex Pistols, The Descendents, Screeching Weasel, NoFX, Hüsker Dü, Pennywise, Queers, Bad Religion, maybe a bit of earlier Green Day & The Offspring and lots more... Do you get the picture? essentially we're gonna play some kickin' punk that you can rock the f**k out to.
    Position Available: Vocalist . The ability to play guitar also is preferred but not necessary. Male or female members... it doesn't matter!
    Desired Age Range: 20-30~
    Available Sound Samples: None yet...
    Additional Info: Originals band with one or two cover songs for the set. No songs written yet so this is starting from square one... just so you're aware. Current line-up is myself on bass, guitarist and drummer. We just need a vocalist and we can start workin'. :)

One important point to make is that while I'd like to have load of fun with this (and hope you do too!) it might require a bit of commitment. I'm not talking giving up jobs, women, first born children or anything like that... just a bit of commitment and motivation to actually do something.

Lets play some songs, do some gigs, record a bit and see what else happens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bump

BUMP!

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Well, I signed up to Boards especially to write back to you :)

Id be very interested in the slot! Although I dont claim to have a fantastic voice or anything. I love punk (both new and old) and have always thought that itd be cool to sing in a punk band sometime. As for my determination to get writing, gigging, recording and just have a bit of a laugh - Im a bassist at heart whos been looking for a band for these very reasons for ages.

Ill just go ahead and throw myself in at the deep end here and put myself up for an audition or something. Any examples of songs the ideal singer would need to be able to sing? (Other than the one above obviously) the more the better.

Send me a pm or something :)

Bump!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FatMikeDub

Hey, my name is Brian, i'm 28 and been singing rock/punk for years. I was in two bands and have stage and recording experience. Also I have recording facilities at home. Im mostly into NOFX, Pennywise, Rancid that sort of **** but Ill sing anything. I have a decent set of lungs and I'm not ****in shy and I also can play bass, guitar and drums! I saw your ad and signed up for this thing so i could message ya back. email me details of where and when!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 skysthelimit

hay the name is suzii im 19 years old and i know ya said 20-30 range but ill be 20 in july a bit off but f**k it im looking for a band to join for ages and id love a shot at tryin out for yours ill give ya my facebook if yas wanna check it i live in the meath area but gettin up to dublin woule be no problem its only 45 mins on bus http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687370847
    if your interested mail me on that if ya like it would mean alot thankx

Advertisement