Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance renewal...up by 100 percent

Options
  • 21-08-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the door for the dog insurance renewal.

we had been paying around 15 a month for a golden cocker, neutered chipped the whole lot.

we havent made too many claims, nothing big, the last one was for an ear flush.

anyway the quote comes back as 33 a month.

he did hit the big 10 mark this year but he's as healthy as a horse, would that be the reason for the hike?ason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Same happened me, with Allianz. Didn't bother renewing with them because the policy increased by 100% and went with petinsure.ie for less than what I had been originally paying with Allianz.

Shop around, and ask your vet for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

some pet insurance places dont insure dogs over age 10 so that might be a problem for u ...

its a disgrace they can put an increase on ur premium by that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH! I bet ours will double too - our guy has had loads of xrays etc done in the last year! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Allianz put our insurance up by 50% this year although we have only claimed less than €50 in the last 3 years on 3 policies. The renewal letter just said something vague about it being due to an increase in claims across the board.

Everyone I know with Allianz also had an increase. However, it would have to go up by a lot more for me to consider switching to the lesser cover provided by the other insurers. Also, one of our cats has FIV so he could not get insurance with anyone else now I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

I'm with petinsure and they raised the premium this year although I'd never made a claim. Had to make a substantial claim a couple of months after I'd renewed the policy this year so I'm expecting a large increase next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Im with petinsre as well and my policy is up in october. Have not made a claim, so I decided to ring them there to see if there was going to be an increase. No increase, a decrease of €2!
    We have 4 cats, one sookie has an on going condition that I have not made a claim about as she was sick before taking the insurance out

Advertisement