Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NiQuitin patches - Sweat / shower proof?

Options
  • 21-08-2010 3:01pm

Hi Ya'll

Might be a stupid question and has probably been answered here a number of times.

I've started using the NiQuitin clear 21mg Patches...off the smokes 2 days now, feeling great so far.
    niquitin_cq_clear_21mg_3468.jpg

But I lost the information leaflet.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can shower with them or not, I generally have 2 showers a day, one in the morning (before I put on a new patch) and one in the evening after the gym

But I havn't gone to the gym since quitting and am afraid to go incase sweat makes it come off, or if they cannot be used in the shower.

They are far too expensive to be using two a day!!

Anyone have an experience with this, or if they do come off, any suggestions on how to keep them on?

Cheers
    Spy :cool:

Comments

Anyone any thoughts / advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

When I was on the patches, I had to take it off while I was on the treadmill. Otherwise I would get a major nicotine rush. More than you would get with cigarettes. I would put it back on after the exercise.

As far as I know, it's shower proof.

RogerThis wrote: »
    When I was on the patches, I had to take it off while I was on the treadmill. Otherwise I would get a major nicotine rush. More than you would get with cigarettes. I would put it back on after the exercise.

As far as I know, it's shower proof.

Hrm...that wouldnt be good really ! Might try getting some medical tape or something and take it off before the gym and put it back on after the shower or something using the medical tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

Clingfilm can protect it from the water (handy if the patch is on your arm). I've had them fall off because the corners weren't completely stuck down before shower.

Optimus485 wrote: »
    Clingfilm can protect it from the water (handy if the patch is on your arm). I've had them fall off because the corners weren't completely stuck down before shower.

Good idea, was thinking medical tape with cling film.

• Advertisement
Advertisement