Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair charges are they reasonable?

Options
  • 21-08-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Would appreciate views on bill for repairs to landcruiser. Work done was supply and fit of 1 new ball joint and 2 anti-roll bar bushings. Parts €145 plus vat, labour 4 hours €200 plus vat. Does this seem reasonable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Not knowing the intricacies of a landcruiser suspension, on my car that'd take 2 hours or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Id have to agree there, i dont think its reasonable for a customer to have to pay more for a slow mechanic. Id queery the labour time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

4 hours? I cant see the stuff on the lancruiser being that awkward to do. Certainly the parts will be a little bit bulkier than your average car but Im not so sure they would be any more difficult to fit.
    A wheel alignment would be a good idea too after the new balljoint being fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

what year is the cruiser,? are they main dealer prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gtturbokid

200e plus vat that is a bit over priced as said main dealer or a lad on his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 granma

beam99 wrote: »
    what year is the cruiser,? are they main dealer prices?

2006 landcruiser. It is a rural garage with a 2/3 lads. parts may come from maindealer. thanks a mill for comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gtturbokid

i think you should go back to that garage and ask them how is took 4hours to do it
    like as far as i know you take of the wheel,your hub is in front of you your ball joint is connected up and held by a nut and a split pin,so take of the split pin with a pliers,socket on the nut loosen it bang the hell out of it till the ball joint pops out,then reverse that method by instaling new one(you should see aswell if a new split pin was added there a safety pin and as you prob no the more you pull and wear on them the more they would weaken )

anti roll bar bushing dont no much about them and the setting on your jeep but on my car ive got super strut suspension so ive got 2 big droplinks connected on my a-r-b disconnect them then prob disconnect a-r-b from chassis drop down change the bushing, reverse that method then to re-install a-r-b

all the above might not be 100% info but will prob wont be far of hope this helps

Advertisement