Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beauty takeaway westland row

Options
  • 20-08-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

beauty takeaway westland row has anybody been to this place.iv been trying to find some reviews on the place but cant seem to find any,noting on there FB page either so could any one share some info on it plz

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There has just been a major boards offer from it, so I suppose people will review it soon.

I got four vouchers myself, a crowd of us from work will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

spurious wrote: »
    There has just been a major boards offer from it, so I suppose people will review it soon.

I got four vouchers myself, a crowd of us from work will go.

got one my self just curious of what the place is like before heading in.Thought there would have been something somewhere but noting :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

got the massage there today not exactly what i expected hard to relax with all the people walking around talking outside as the place is shared with other company's,also the noise of hoovering going on was annoying.the massage was ok but not exactly of what i had seen on youtube for Swedish massage this was totaly the opposite,its worth the €30 but €70 id say no dont think id venture back there again to be honest.
    it was good massage but shouldn't be advertised as Swedish massage as in the video above that women knows her stuff so im not %100 happy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mintkitty

Went for a brazilian wax. Beautician double dipped the sticks and took gloves off halfway through procedure. Was left with patches of hair and told to shave the rest off at home. Have raw red patches where I presume flesh was ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

mintkitty wrote: »
    Have raw red patches where I presume flesh was ripped off.

That's a bit strong isn't it? If "flesh was ripped off" I'm sure that you'd be needing skin grafts at the very least.

I presume if you were that dissatisfied & allegedly ended up with such serious injuries that you complained to the staff/manager? What did they have to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

I went for a 1/2 leg and bikini a few weeks ago when I was caught short before my hols. Was delighted to find a salon a) open on a Sunday and b) able to take me on really short notice. Salon looks lovely (and was quiet when I was there, of course) but Jaanika (the owner) wants to move because it's too noisy for massages, as mentioned above.

Anyway, looks the part, owner is lovely, but it was the worst waxing job I ever had done. She went over the legs several times, acknowledged that she could still feel hairs, but couldn't see them. I assumed it was the usual slight roughness in places from tiny hairs that were only a mm or so and thus too short to come out with wax but when I got home I saw just how much hair was left. Several patches on each leg of 6 or 7, very visible, 2-3mm long hairs. I wouldn't go back to be honest, which is a shame as the owner is lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

First time posters with negative reviews of (possibly competitor's?) businesses are always fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mintkitty

microgirl wrote: »
    I went for a 1/2 leg and bikini a few weeks ago when I was caught short before my hols. Was delighted to find a salon a) open on a Sunday and b) able to take me on really short notice. Salon looks lovely (and was quiet when I was there, of course) but Jaanika (the owner) wants to move because it's too noisy for massages, as mentioned above.

Anyway, looks the part, owner is lovely, but it was the worst waxing job I ever had done. She went over the legs several times, acknowledged that she could still feel hairs, but couldn't see them. I assumed it was the usual slight roughness in places from tiny hairs that were only a mm or so and thus too short to come out with wax but when I got home I saw just how much hair was left. Several patches on each leg of 6 or 7, very visible, 2-3mm long hairs. I wouldn't go back to be honest, which is a shame as the owner is lovely.

Completely agree about the place looking really nice, relaxing waiting area with the big soft sofas and nice to have the long opening hours on the weekend but it is a real pity that the wax jobs are not the best. The staff there are great but I'll not be going back again - skin peeling, raw red patches of skin, bruising, cuts, and patches of hair were not what I asked for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LauraRyan

Hi all, new to Boards but can assure you I'm not a rival business!
    Wish I had have read these reviews before purchasing a half price voucher online and going to get my brazilian wax done yesterday!
    Paid €17 as it was a half price special offer. Have never had it done before but had been thinking about it for months, so when I received a half price offer via email I decided to just go for it!
    My appointment was booked for 6pm yesterday, I arrived early and went down the stairs and looked around. There was no 'Beauty Takeaway' signs and I was unsure of whether I was in the right place or not. I called the contact number on the website- no answer. So I stood there for about 5 minutes and asked a lady walking down the stairs where it was. She turned out to be Jaanika, the owner, and she asked me to sit down for a while. I went in after waiting twenty minutes and found her to be very unfriendly. Her English was good but she just didn't seem interested in making me feel comfortable, which I found off putting especially seeing as I had explained this would be my first time. I am not going to go into full details however I will say that it took twenty minutes and I left there in pain and still with random patches of hair which I had to shave myself when I returned home...
    Needless to say I do not recommend Beauty Takeaway. Absolutely no people skills and certainly not up to scratch in the waxing department either. Would rather pay €50 and have a good experience than repeat that twenty minutes of hell!!

Advertisement