Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera

Options
  • 20-08-2010 8:13pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please recommend a good IP camera suitable for indoor use?
    I am not interested in recording images or spending lots of money! The lighting will be good (about 300 lux) and the range will be no more than 3m.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a look at the range here
    http://www.northwoodtechnology.ie/index.php?Itemid=64&option=com_zoo&view=category&category_id=24
    What are your plans for the application?
    Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I won this at IFSEC this year. I think they sell for around 100-150 and the picture isn't bad either.
    For higher end Axis would be worth a look

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Very nice! Thanks
    What are your plans for the application?
    If my alarm goes off I would like to be able to check around the house.
    Do you have a budget in mind?
    Max €200

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think they sell for around 100-150 and the picture isn't bad either.
    Interesting and within budget. Where in Ireland can I buy these?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Northwood Technology is in Glasnevin.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

2011 wrote: »
    Can someone please recommend a good IP camera suitable for indoor use?
    I am not interested in recording images or spending lots of money! The lighting will be good (about 300 lux) and the range will be no more than 3m.

Thanks!

Another thing you could do is set up a web cam on motion plus when it is activated get it to send you a e-mail.

Panasonic do WiFi IP cameras. All you would need is power and a home network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Even with the current specials panasonic are doing they would be out of his budget.
    No need for power if you use poe

Jnealon wrote: »
    Even with the current specials panasonic are doing they would be out of his budget.

These are well within budget.

http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=854
    http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=855
    Jnealon wrote: »
    No need for power if you use poe

The camera needs power to work regardless of which camera he installs.

The reason i said if he uses the WiFi camera is to prevent him having to run a cable back to the router where as he could just come off a socket for power.

Thanks Altor, that looks very interesting.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, that looks very interesting.

Your welcome 2011, thought you would be interested :D

Advertisement