Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Longford Rock Nite

Options
  • 20-08-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Sat September 18th in Pv's the Red Room

Theres DJ's from Fibbers Rock Bar and Bruxelles in Dublin ...and smoke machines! Plus its 2 euro all drinks all night. :P

RockGigPoster.jpg

Tell your mates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

Theres sod all on down here around the 18th except the banjo festival...

so come have a few beers \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

There's sod all on here at any time...

Might it not be better to run it either before or after the Banjo Festival?

Either way, good to see something different being tried out instead of the usual nite club tripe around here. Which DJs from Fibbers are playing?

Yeah if we got upstaged by a banjo festival our lives would be over! lol

DJ's from Fibbers should be Ger and Mick and Maybe Lorna from Bruxies.

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    Yeah if we got upstaged by a banjo festival our lives would be over! lol

Seriously, don't underestimate the Banjo Festival! One of the first lessons I learned when I started promoting gigs was to avoid clashing with events like that...

Yeah it can be a pain in the oxter when stuff clashes garfieldsghost.

Though the banjo festival is on a week after the rock club night and I dont think there'll be too much cross over in the attendees. Its a much bigger event than ours and the likes of Brian Kennedy's crowd would probably be different to ours ;)

Free vs 30ish euros too... and 2 euro drinks v full price?

• Advertisement

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    Yeah it can be a pain in the oxter when stuff clashes garfieldsghost.

Though the banjo festival is on a week after the rock club night and I dont think there'll be too much cross over in the attendees. Its a much bigger event than ours and the likes of Brian Kennedy's crowd would probably be different to ours ;)

Free vs 30ish euros too... and 2 euro drinks v full price?

Well there's no clash at all then! :P From your post above it sounded like it was taking place on the same weekend...

You wouldn't find Brian Kennedy playing at a folk and bluegrass banjo festival. ;)

Well there's no clash at all then! :P From your post above it sounded like it was taking place on the same weekend...

You wouldn't find Brian Kennedy playing at a folk and bluegrass banjo festival. ;)

Ah for some reason all the hotels and B&Bs are booked for the sept 18th week. I think its the banjo festival. But the passing trade wont hurt the rock night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

with past talent like steve earle playing the banjo festival isnt to be laughed at!he is a cracking musician

There is somethin to be said for a good banjo player, theres a skill in it that rock musicians dont manage very often. But from the perspective of someone who likes rock music in Longford the banjo festival doesnt offer a break from the constant poundin pop and dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Hopefully this will have a good outcome! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend as I'm moving up to Dublin then. :( But the djs should provide Longford with an epic night of rock and metal! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ghosti

theres just the one dj thats me but i promise an epic night:D

Advertisement