Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cash Price or Good Deal for New Peugeot RCZ ??

Options
  • 20-08-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Im still trying to find my way around this forum so can anyone advice me how much could I expect off the price of a new car if you were to offer a cash deal or even try to get a good deal without a cash deal. I ve heard to offer a cash deal and you should get a bit off! Thinking of the Peugeot RCZ and the diesel is 37,500!!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

A diesel Peugeot RCZ:eek:

I'd just go for a 2nd hand TT tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I doubt you'll get anything off a new model like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Havn't seen it in the flesh but it looks like a very nice motor, if i had the money the only thing that would stop me from buying one new is the fact that it would depreciate a hell of a lot faster than a TT etc.

Could you wait for a year or so and pick up a demo model or a used one and let some one else take the depreciation hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

From 1st September, VAT will not be charged on an imported vehicle that is more than 3 months old and has covered more than 3,000 km (currently 6 months and 6,000 km).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I just configured myself a Peugeot RCZ online out of interest and I think its a beautiful car, but overpriced. For a start I think the Audi TT has a far better interior. I think the TT will be replaced in around 2 years but for the moment the Pug has the lead perhaps in exterior looks.

Forget Diesel for a car like this. Also its a car that needs to be specced. You would be better off buying a well specced "lesser" car than a basic RCZ.
    I was a mk2 TT owner and used to groan whenever I saw someone drive a base model without any options. Or worse yet - a diesel. I dont think they fit the character of a coupe at all.
    If you're going to do it, do it right.

To answer your question I bought a TT mk2 new in Jan 08. It was listed at ~E57.5k with options. I paid ~E53k when discounts were supposed to be impossible (they were selling for original prices in the UK after 6 months use).
    I wouldnt expect too much off the RRP (maybe 2-3k) but I would expect heavy discounts on the extras if you haggle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Much prefer the pug compared to the TT, esp the interior. Diesel is the only way to go also.

Advertisement