Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest 2 free to play now

Options
  • 20-08-2010 4:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Never played it myself but probably will try it now.
    Think F2P has some restrictiions.

http://everquest2.com/free_to_play

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Up to level 80 without a credit card. Seems a large number so the paid level must be around 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Here's the restrictions and so forth...

Excellent game btw, player housing and so on. Can get class looking graphics on it too if your system can handle them. Bloody huge game though, found it an awful lot bigger than Wow.

membershipMatrix.jpg

The "Broker System" is the auction house btw and I'm not sure exactly how it's restricted on this free server version but I found it invaluable when levelling up in the past, particularly so with making tons of gold/platinum easily to get the mount at early levels (helps a lot when travelling around).

If you've never tried the game, give it a go at least.

Some undocumented restrictions taken from their forums...

* Regardless of membership level, you will need to pay $10 to form a guild. The guild charter must be bought from the marketplace.

* Bronze/Silver members cannot adjust their adventure/AA exp slider. It is locked at 50%. This means you cannot earn 100% leveling or 100% AA exp, but you can disable adventure exp... but still no more than 50% AA exp.

*If you upgrade to gold/platinum membership to use the broker, remember that your market is going to be limited to only gold/plat members. I obviously don't have the metrics to back this up, but I'm "guessing" there are going to be WAY more bronze/silver players on the server. While this one is documented, it may not be so obvious to players upgrading that this is a restriction, that you have no control over when upgrading.

* No raiding or global chat access to Bronze members, unsure if this restriction also applies to Silver members.

---

I'd back any of these up myself if I was actually able to get in the game and play, the launcher is stuck on "starting" :/

EDIT: Can back all the above up, no big deal though either until you hit 80 and want to raid (which will take quiet some time to hit 80 anyway).
    The lack of global chat, although nearly always in the past filled with chat similar to what you'd get in the Barrens :D is still sorely missed, almost feels like you're playing alone, even though the server is fairly populated and loads of new people around.

Advertisement