Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement washer jets - where to buy?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there,

Need to get some new washer jets for a '97 Nissan Almera. One is completely blocked and won't budge, been meaning to replace it for months now...

Presumably I can go direct to nissan for them but was wondering if there was anywhere cheap online to pick them up. Looked on amazon but all that came up was "attention grabbing neon jets", not really what I'm after... :rolleyes:

Any links/tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Head to your dealer. I am going to guess around €3.00+ vat each.

You may have issues with the year of your car but give them a ring before wasting your time. Its not something most motor factors carry because they are cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

Berty wrote: »
    Head to your dealer. I am going to guess around €3.00+ vat each.
    Cheers Berty,

Just rang the Raheny dealer there, can have them in by Monday, 11.58 each. Bit dearer than I was expecting... might just replace the one that's blocked for now.

Also getting quotes from http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/ on the offchance that it'll be cheaper by post.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

the girlfriend had the same problem with her 97 almera, all the dirt got caught around the little spring in them, there is a ball and spring that stops water flowing back i just took the spring out works the finest just have to wait 2 seconds for the water to be pumped up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have you tried poking around with a sewing needle, or a fine pin? It's the recession......

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

esel wrote: »
    Have you tried poking around with a sewing needle, or a fine pin? It's the recession......
    Tell me about it... 3 years ago I wouldn't have been posting about washer jet prices online, I'd have just bought a box of 500 of them and casually thrown the rest in the bin. :)
    Yep, already tried the pokey pin trick but no luck. When we last got the car serviced the mechanic told us a replacement was the only way. But having read DaveJac's post I think I'll have to have another craic off it. Car gone 'til next week so until then...

• Advertisement
Advertisement